Tuesday, October 30, 2007

ho'kay so-

My friend LB over at Autumn-sky.org (a lovely blog, and she's got MANY amazing thoughts) posted this cool little quiz on books and as such I wanted to fill it out-


1. Hardback or trade paperback or mass market paperback?

Hardback, I'm not sure why, the rest of my family loves paperbacks. I guess I just like having something sturdy and not-flimsy to read through.

2. Amazon or brick-and-mortar? (buying online or in a store?)

Book-store's have a certain charm that are far more conducive to a creative environment ^_^.

3. Amazon or the Co-Op Bookstore?

Amazon?

4. Barnes & Noble or Borders?

Borders is far less..um...pretentious? Although, B&H has some nice chairs...

5. Bookmark or dog ear?

I have been SCARRED by the film my school showed me in, like, second grade. There was this puppy on a book and someone dog-eared him and his ear FELL OFF. Book mark @_@.

6. Alphabetize by author, or alphabetize by title, or random?

Order of which has been read last ^_^

7. Keep, throw away, or sell?

Keep or give-away.

8. Keep dust jacket or toss it?

I try to keep it, but I have a habit of losing them @_@

9. Read with dust jacket on or remove it?

Remove it, a good book shouldn't need a dust jacket because people should be constantly reading it.

10. Short story or novel?

Novel, novel, novel.

11. Collection (short stories by same author) or anthology (short stories by different authors)?

Depends on the subject in which the stories are being pushed together-

12. Harry Potter or Lemony Snicket?

Or lord, anymore I FEEL like I'm in a Lemony Snicket series. I love Harry Potter, it was my first big people series but at the end of the day...Snicket.

13. Stop reading when tired, or at chapter breaks?

Chapter breaks, I have the hardest times finding where I left off.

14. “It was a dark and stormy night” or “Once upon a time”?

"Dorothy lived on a farm in the midst of the great Kansas prairies,"

^_^

15. Buy or Borrow?

Buy, I hate the idea of owing someone something @_@.

16. New or used?

Depends. Usually used though.

17. Buying choice: book reviews, recommendation, or browse?

Bit of Recommendation and browsing, I NEVER trust the views of professional reviewers, however if a friend (like the amazing Linda Belle) were to review, then I might be tempted.

18. Tidy ending or cliffhanger?

I like a bit of open-ended ness, after all lie ends with loads of unanswered questions.

19. Morning, afternoon or night-time reading?

I usually only read in the morning if I fell asleep reading the night before, in the afternoon I read a bit but evening-late night is when I read the most.

20. Stand alone or series?

Usually I meet characters that I fall in love with, so series!

21. Favorite series?

Harry Potter, Lemony Snicket, Septimus Heap, the Oz books.

22. Favorite book of which nobody else has heard?

Spiderwick Chronicles.

23. Favorite books read last year?

I read Fahrenheit 451 last year, it was AMAZING.

anyways, thanks for this miss Belle!

1 comment:

FutureMe said...

Please, please, PLEASE keep up your blog!!! There is definitely not enough good blogs out there!